Sea Turtle Conservation And Cultural Immersion Teen Volunteering In Thailand
Volunteer with sea turtles and renovate schools with other teens, while you explore Southern Thailand.
Join an international group of like-minded teens to learn about and contribute to the United Nations Development Goals, UN SDGs, #4, Quality Education, #14, Life Below Water, and #15, Life on Land. You will have the opportunity to spend time volunteering at a sea turtle conservation center, collecting plastic pollution from beaches, and renovating classrooms at local schools. Afterwards, hike through tropical jungles to view spectacular waterfalls, kayak through mangrove forests, and visit on some of Thailand’s most beautiful temples and beaches.
Known for its tropical climate, incredible landscape, spectacular biodiversity both above and below water, and awe-inspiring Buddhist monuments — Southern Thailand remains an ever-popular tourist destination. Our teen volunteer program in Thailand, allows volunteers between the ages of 15 and 17 to contribute to our ongoing sustainable development projects in the region. GVI has successfully been operating ethical and responsible programs for under 18s since 2012. Since then, it has treated health and safety as a number one priority and takes extra measures for its under 18 programs. As such, it is also a British Standards 8848 compliant provider.
After volunteering, teens will join a guided tour of the region, learning more about conservation, responsible tourism, and local Thai culture by visiting several National Parks and the city of Phuket.
Teen volunteering opportunities include working at a local turtle conservation headstart centre, run by the Royal Thai Navy, cleaning the tanks and providing medical treatment to green sea turtles and tracking their growth, collecting marine debris including plastic pollution waste from the beaches, and carrying out renovation work at local schools.
Although all teen participants are greeted by GVI staff at their arrival destination, flight chaperoning services are also available upon request. Chaperones provide on-flight accompaniment and in-airport assistance. To book this service please contact one of our enrollment managers. Teens with less time on their hands can also choose to book onto the program for one week. This allows them to complete volunteering projects included in the two-week program, but not the adventure activities.
- Protect the endangered green sea turtle and prevent plastic pollution.
- Sample authentic Thai dishes firsthand and visit Thai Buddhist temples.
- Take an adventure hike through tropical jungle to view spectacular waterfalls or go kayaking through mangrove forests, and visit on some of Thailand’s most beautiful temples and beaches.
- Live, volunteer, and explore Thailand with teens from around the world, making new lifelong friends in the process.
- Successfully complete this program and get a professional reference from your program manager. You’ll also have the option of earning a certificate endorsed by the University of Richmond if you choose to complete our included online leadership course, which is valued at £295.
- Contribute to UN SDGs, #4, Quality Education, #14, Life Below Water, and #15, Life on Land.
How to apply
To find out more and apply, please visit the GVI website: Sea Turtle Conservation And Cultural Immersion Teen Volunteering In Thailand | GVI Planet