Field Assistant (Social Media & Volunteer Management)
Location: Phang Nga, Thailand
Type of role: Full-Time
Start date: ASAP
Length of contract: 3-6 months
Here in Thailand at GVI Phang Nga, we run an exciting and impactful dual programme hub where our Community and Conservation Programmes work hand-in-hand to make a positive difference on our local communities and environment, working to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To assist us in running these busy programmes effectively, we are looking for an additional staff member to join our passionate teams initially on a short term, unpaid basis. This could be developed into long term opportunities within GVI, depending on performance.
About the role
We have a unique and exciting role for the right candidate to develop their participant management and content creation skills. As a Field Assistant at our GVI Phang Nga hub, you will support the rest of the GVI team in the day-to-day running of the programs, and specifically assist with managing the participants and students. The main goal of the Field Assistant is to oversee the running of the base, ensure the participants have an impactful and life changing experience with GVI, whilst showcasing the incredible work we do on multiple social media platforms. We need someone with a passion for ethical content creation and a drive to make an impact on both our participants’ journeys and also the UN Sustainable Development Goals within our programmes.
What you will do
- Support the running of both the community and conservation programmes – occasionally assisting with ‘in field’ project work
- Managing the running of the GVI base and the participants on a day to day basis, ensuring they have a positive, safe and unforgettable experience
- Welcome all newly arriving participants and ensure they feel a part of the GVI Family from Day 1
- Acting as an enthusiastic role model for participants, providing guidance and mentorship
- Enforce GVI rules and protocols at all times
- Interacting with local partners for certain activities
- Delivering presentations and training relevant to the project activities
- Working with the team to ensure the program operates to a high standard and all health and safety protocols are followed
- Ensure all participants are well supervised on a day-to-day basis and are able to complete their projects safely & effectively
- Keep participants entertained and engaged on and off project by organising cultural events, experiences and social events at both weekends and evenings
- Responsible for the management and content creation for all GVI Phang Nga Social Media Outputs: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Blogs. This includes the separate pages for both the Community and Conservation programmes
- Produce campaign reports on our social media output and engagement
- Deliver multi-channel campaigns on, and create content for, social media, web, email and offline
- Coordination of all our alumni activities and increase engagement of our alumni network
- Coordination of GVI’s Global Charitable Programme within the Phang Nga Hub
What you will need
- Passion for volunteer management and sustainable development
- Passion for social media management and content creation
- People-centric mindset – comfortable with being ‘on’ 24/7
- Experience managing groups/participants/students (we will provide all project specific training in-country)
- Fluent in English reading & writing with good ICT & social media skills
- Enjoys spending time with participants, with a warm, confident, engaging and nurturing personality
- Able to communicate well with people from different cultures and backgrounds, manage large groups, and speak publicly with confidence
- Ability to manage multiple projects and participants concurrently, manage complex timetables of work, and meet tight deadlines
- Previous GVI experience
- Previous social media and content creation experience
- Understanding of local culture
- Experience living abroad and in tropical climates
- Comfortable with communal living
- Emergency First Response certified/trained
- A good understanding of NGO and international development approaches and values, including the United Nations SDGs
- A flair for content creation
- Good photography and digital marketing skills
- Marketing experience
What we offer
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
In addition, GVI has the following perks:
- Training fund
- Social allowance
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please visit the GVI site