The Divemaster & Marine Biology Training Program - Lembongan
This program aims to combine PADI divemaster training and marine biology theory modules. Candidates, once certified, can go on to proudly work as SCUBA professionals with a deeper understanding of the marine environment or go on to pursue degrees and careers in Marine Science, feeling capable in contributing to marine conservation efforts worldwide.
The program consist of 11 lectures and discussions on varied marine science topics, including an introduction to basic marine ecology, Coral Reefs and Transect Methodology and scientific diving standards, etc. Accompanying fieldwork in world class dive sites enhances the knowledge acquired in the classroom. The training is based in the middle of the Marine Protected Area of Nusa Penida, in Nusa Lembongan a little paradisiacal island 30 minutes boat ride from south Bali. The dive sites we go to have some of the highest diversity of marine life in the world: more than 400 species of reef-building coral and large ocean dwellers like turtles, manta rays, and sharks, not to forget about the iconic sunfish or Mola-Mola, which, depending on the season, can be seen in the region on a regular basis
6 weeks (certified diver) + 2 weeks optional warm up (special rate package tailor made based on diver experience)
Around 8-10 weeks (non-certified diver) ,duration would be adapted depending on your level
13 June – 24 July
1 August – 18 September
26 September – 13 November
21 November – 8 January
Who should apply, and how?
Would you like to be a scuba diver that wants to go pro-level while also gaining a further appreciation and knowledge of your future work environment as value-added to your Divemaster rating?
Are you looking forward to starting a degree in Marine Science and would like to get a head start by combining your Divemaster Training with an introduction to marine biology and hands-on fieldwork?
If you’ve answered yes to either of these, congratulations and we hope you will join us! Please note that if you are a student at university this internship can be approved and give you credit towards your Master and/or Bachelor’s degree. You don’t need to be a certified diver or a scientist to apply this program.
In order to guarantee an internship in the best conditions, we accept only a limited number of trainees. Don’t hesitate to enrol now or ask more information by simply writing an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org you can also send an inquiry by the Inquiry form or send us a WhatsApp on +62 877-6004-8543
1. Learn from our Marine Scientist – through participating in lectures, assigned reading, as well as practical applications in data collection.
2. Become a confident PADI Divemaster – learn how to plan dive trips and guide certified divers on our beautiful underwater sites.
3. Assist courses – from Discover Scuba to Rescue Diver training, learn to assist an Instructor and take care of student divers, improve your own dive skills and learn about the daily functioning of a professionally managed dive center
What do you get?
Apart from the training and invaluable experience in the ocean as a research diver:
1. SCUBA training at a professional level and invaluable insight and experience into marine science and conservation.
2. PADI Divemaster Certification (you will have all you need to proceed immediately with the Instructor course if you would like to go into a career as a diving instructor).
3. Recommendation letter signed by our resident Marine Scientist (by request) in case of future applications to university programs or conservation programs.
4. All confirmations needed to validate credits with your university (by request)
5. An intro to marine science digital handbook containing all the topics covered and tailored specifically for the program by our resident Marine Scientist as well as all data reports produced by the candidates during training
For 6 weeks DMT + Marine Biology program (USD 2,095) include:
· Transportation (from the airport and back to the airport or south Bali)
· Divemaster Training with Experienced PADI Instructor as mentor
· All Taxes
· Lunch when diving from the boat
· Marine Biology Theory
· UNLIMITED Dives: Diving Penida and Lembongan for 6 weeks internship (duration can be adapted)
· PADI Divemaster Digital Crew Pack + slates (value of USD340)
· Full Set of rental Dive Equipment (but as a professional diver we strongly recommend to purchase and bring your personal equipment for diving)
· 6 Weeks’ Full Accommodation in Private Room with aircon and basic breakfast (can be upgraded to higher category room with extra charge)
*6 weeks program is only eligible for certified diver, for non-certified diver, price will be varied depending on your level
For more information or to apply to this program, please write directly to email@example.com or whatsapp +62 877-6004-8543
Check also our other eco programs here: https://scubali.com/marine-programs/