Sea Trust Internships – July & August 2020
Sea Trust is a marine conservation charity based in the Ocean Lab, Fishguard Harbour, Pembrokeshire. We conduct daily land-based cetacean surveys and
occasional ferry based cetacean surveys. We also run a small marine aquarium open to visitors and local school groups. The Sea Trust’s Sea Môr Aquarium is a catch and release aquarium with conservation education at its core. All funds raised from the running of this aquarium are used either to run or develop the aquarium or for our marine wildlife conservation work (cetacean surveys, photo-ID etc.)
We are looking for interns for July and August 2020.
Internship programmes are 35 hours per week over 5 days and will include weekend work on a rota basis. These positions are unpaid but offer valuable experience and training. We can assist you to find accommodation at a reasonable cost.
- Assisting with land based harbour porpoise surveys, this includes taking
photographic images of the porpoise for our Porpoise Photo ID project
- Data entry & analysis –assist with processing images and input into porpoise photo ID database
- Providing aquarium tours to the general public and school groups & holiday clubs
- Aquarium feeding and maintenance
- Assist with our Ocean Guardians project which aims to reduce single use plastic in the local community
- Assist the Sea Trust team in their day to day duties: front of house, gift shop work, cleaning etc.
- Possible cetacean ferry surveys on the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry route
- Possible small boat cetacean surveys
We are looking for enthusiastic team players with a passion for marine wildlife.
If interested, please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a cover letter detailing why you want to take part in this internship to email@example.com.
We can put you in touch with our current / past interns if you would like information from their perspective.
Closing date: 27th March 2020