A boutique island resort in UNESCO protected Baa Atoll, Maldives is looking for a Marine Biologist to work at the Aquatic Centre. (Dive/Marine/Watersport Centre)
Responsibilities in brief
- Participate in the daily operations of the Aquatic Centre,
- Take environmental friendly initiatives, and be pro-active in conserving the underwater world.
- Be the leading person in the coral re-generation program and its success.
- Assisting of dives.
- Guiding of snorkel excursions
- Guiding of dive activities
- Rent out snorkel equipment and ensure the snorkel equipment is in a good condition, incl. small repair
- Ensure guest are aware of the environmental friendly snorkel guidelines
- Participate and support in our aware programs.
- Give Marine related presentation to guests
- The Marine biologist should minimum BSc in Marine Biology
- Should hold at least a valid PADI Divemaster certification.
- Knowledge and interest in corals and tropical fish biology
- Experience or strong interest in Diving and Watersport activities
- Speak fluent English + another foreign language
- Must have excellent customer service skills and is customer focused
- Very flexible approach to work and a team player
- Able to work on in a remote and quiet place
Please note this is not a research position
Would you like to have more information about the position and you fulfill the above requirement please send an e-mail Resume (CV) complete with a recent photo and reference letters to Karin: