Research Volunteer with the Mexican Caribbean Manta Trust
Requirements for Volunteers 2019!
Months AVAILABLE: August 2019!
Volunteer positions are limited to 10 individuals per month.
• Follow your instructor indications at any time and procedures related with the task assigned to your person.
• Maintain and update the project’s database.
• Perform data analysis and assist with preparing scientific publications, grants applications etc.
• Create outreach materials for schools, and communities about marine megafauna and wider marine conservation.
• Maintain equipment and contribute to keeping accommodation facilities clean and in order.
• Conduct fisheries surveys.
• Conduct interviews with local community stakeholders connected with mantas and mobulas.
• Minimum 18 years old.
• Commitment of minimum 1 month of the program.
• Marine biology or similar background.
• Environmental or conservation previous work experience.
• Designers / Engineers / Marketing also welcomed.
• Excellent swimming and snorkeling skills.
• Willing to work sporadic and occasionally long hours on a boat (it is very sunny and hot during those months).
• Strong passion for marine ecosystems/ manta rays/ conservation/education.
• English with intermediate level minimum.
• We are in a Spanish speaking country. Applicants with some level of Spanish language knowledge will be given special consideration.
• Creative and innovative person.
• Computer skills (excel. powerpoint, word, photoshop, graphs).
• Comfortable working long hours at a desk.
• Friendly and enthusiastic personality.
• Comfortable to share work, and housing with other people.
• Can relate with people of different backgrounds
Please send your application with your resume / CV, and a covering letter outlining your goals and motivations (max 2 pages) to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title your email with the following reference: “NAME-Volunteer App Caribbean 2019”.
Cost $1,300 USD per month.