CCMI’s Reefs Go Live programme has transformed how we teach children about the ocean. Reefs Go Live uses the Virtual Live Experiences (VLEs) method in connecting students and the public to real-time coral reef activity. Scientists use high-tech face masks and streaming equipment to deliver lessons live from underwater.
Your internship will entail working with a vibrant and dynamic group of educators and scientists. You will gain experience in the following:
- Directing and producing livestreaming underwater video broadcasts
- Editing and delivering finalized videos in support of education and research programmes
- Investigating potential of new and interactive video technology to reduce barriers to science education
- Creating supporting content for live lessons
- Maintaining and updating RGL equipment
- Participating in future planning for development of RGL
- When schedule allows, assisting with ongoing research and coral restoration
- Contributing to the successful operation of a busy, remote field research and education station
Intern Experience Requirements
CCMI is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Underwater videography and photography experience
- Video production and editing
- Versatility. CCMI interns should be capable of working with minimal supervision and under strenuous conditions and be versatile and willing to assist with a variety of tasks that are continuously changing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (unless the internship qualifies for a year in industry work experience requirement at your college)
- Experience with Teradek, Olympus, Canon and Nauticam equipment and maintenance a plus
- Scuba diving skills, preferably rescue diver level with 60+ dives, full facemask, Nitrox and other specialities a plus
- Excellent communications skills, well organized, enthusiastic and capable of prioritizing
The successful Marine Education Intern from this opportunity will receive $500USD monthly pay, in addition to full accommodation, all meals, and all airport transfers/use of company vehicles for work-related endeavors.
If you would like to experience life on a remote island as part of a dynamic team, and if you are comfortable being an all-around support team member, we encourage you to apply. You must have DAN insurance and health insurance. Depending upon individual performance and programme support, there may be further career opportunities for you as part of the team following your internship.
Learn more about Reefs Go Live HERE.
Follow the instructions HERE to apply.
Applications to be sent to Manager@reefresearch.org.
Internship to start January 2020 for 3 months, with an opportunity to extend to 6 months.