GVI Program Manager (Base Operations)
Position available in Fiji and Mexico
Who is GVI?
GVI is one of the world’s leading, high-quality sustainable development and experiential education organisations. We are a social enterprise, and our mission is to build a global network of people who together can make a long-term positive impact on the world around us.
We run volunteer and internship programs in 13 countries globally, employ 150+ staff and are committed to employing, training and retaining the very best people in their chosen fields. Working at GVI means you have the unique opportunity to grow within a global company, gaining experience across a number of different locations, focuses, and cultures.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for Program Managers in Fiji and Mexico. These experienced, passionate managers will be responsible for delivering high quality volunteer and internship programs to participants from all over the world. They will also be responsible for the operations and management of their communal base, which is shared with staff and volunteers, and will work with local partners to ensure they have a long-term positive impact in the communities they work in. All of our Program Managers have a background in Marine Conservation and have experience managing both staff and volunteers.
International locations currently available:
· Program Manager - Marine Conservation - Caqalai, Fiji
· Program Manager - Marine Conservation - Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Responsibilities of the Role:
· Oversee the overall day to day delivery of projects, including logistics, quality, impact, safety, and the overall effective functioning of the base
· Train, develop and manage staff members and participants
· Oversee Health and Safety protocols to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and other visitors to the hub
· Implement project monitoring, through monthly impact reporting, as well as periodic evaluation of impact
· Connect and liaise with in-country partners to build and maintain relationships
· Be the escalation point for any issues which arise at the hub, including participant complaints, medical issues, etc.
· In conjunction with central support and manager, assist with recruiting and onboarding of new staff members
· Ensure the successful implementation and delivery of all GVI marketing and internal communication initiatives
· Responsible for financial and overall reporting of the hub
· 3-5 years of staff management experience
· 3-5 years of volunteer management experience
· Conservation and/or community development field experience
· Health and safety trained
· Experience working closely with community partners, ideally in remote locations
· Project/program management experience
· Comfortable living in a communal environment with other staff, and being available for program participants 24/7
How to Apply:
If the above type of role sounds like it matches your skills, experience and ambitions to continue your career in sustainable development, we would love to hear from you! Please go to Careers Abroad: http://www.careersabroad.co.uk/current-vacancies/ and click on the particular vacancy that suits your skill set best. Or, email email@example.com to get in touch with us directly.
Get in Touch!
If this position isn’t quite suited to you right now, but you’d still love to work for us 1 day, feel free to get in touch with us to chat about alternate opportunities!