Start your dream career of diving and traveling the world by earning your PADI Divemaster qualification. First, journey to the truly tiny Fijian island of Caqalai to start your theoretical and practical training. Here you will also earn your PADI Coral Reef Researcher Speciality, exclusive to GVI marine conservation programs. This will allow you to assist the permanent GVI team stationed on the island with long-term locally led ocean conservation efforts aligned to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #14, Life Below Water. Afterwards, you will join a dive centre in Thailand, where you will perfect your skills and complete your PADI Divemaster qualification. Using these qualifications you will also act as a recreational dive leader. The internship is designed to give you an intensive and comprehensive introduction to professional diving with the opportunity to experience two of the world’s most popular diving locations.
- Earn your PADI Divemaster, opening up a career of travel and diving.
- Contribute to UN SDG, #14, Life Below Water in Fiji.
- Earn your PADI Coral Reef Researcher Speciality, exclusive to GVI marine programs.
- If staying 8 weeks or longer you will complete your Biological Survey Techniques training and qualification.
- Gain experience working in a dive shop on a Thai island is really like.
- Earn your GVI ILM Leadership Development certificate, a qualification recognised by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
To find out how you can join this and other GVI projects please visit their Expedition page!