Intelligent Ocean is a UK training and consultancy company whose knowledge is based on 15 years of hands-on experience with offshore industry operations, marine mammal mitigation and consultation with regulatory bodies. Since 2009 we have trained more than 1450 persons for Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) Marine Mammal Observer (MMO) training. In addition, we have run Passive Acoustic Monitoring training for more than 680 persons and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) Protected Species Observer (PSO) training for more than 455 persons.
Intelligent Ocean Ltd is pleased to offer the following eLearning course.
JNCC Marine Mammal Observer (MMO) eLearning Training Course (GBP 150 per person)
The Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) MMO registered course is required for you to work as a Marine Mammal Observer (MMO) in UK Continental Shelf waters during offshore projects such as seismic surveys, pile-driving and projects involving the use of explosives. This course has been created in response to the coronavirus crisis and has been approved by the JNCC as a valid alternative to the usual classroom taught course. Alternatively, project managers or interested parties may wish to complete this course for awareness of how MMOs work or for Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
The course contents are as follows:
- Introduction to the biology and sensory world of marine mammals.
- Potential impacts of man-made noise on marine mammals.
- Discussion on the basis for current legislation in place for the UK to protect marine mammals during industry operations and the organisations involved.
- Industry operations that have the potential to cause injury or disturbance, outlining the operational procedures of each one.
- An in-depth explanation of the mitigation measures proposed for each project.
- MMO mitigation data forms and report compilation.
- Marine mammal identification - how to visually spot and identify animals in the field.
- Marine mammal survey techniques and range estimation.
- Introduction to passive acoustic monitoring.
- Life onboard vessels or platforms as an MMO - expected conduct of working with industry personnel.
- Employment opportunities for MMOs. Expected qualifications and experience.
- Interactive course assessments with a pass mark of at least 85% required.
To complete the eLearning course you simply log in, read, learn and then pass assessments based on the course content. You set the pace of your learning. You will have access to the course for 12 months. Full details of how to purchase this course is available on our website at the following link where you can also find example pages from our course. www.intelligentocean.com
Companies wishing to sign up members of their staff please email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and invoicing.
Intelligent Ocean’s staff have extensive experience of working offshore as MMOs and PAM operators in addition to marine mammal survey work and nature guiding. Our training experience and client list can be viewed here www.intelligentocean.com/clientlist.htm
If you have any further questions, please contact Alison Gill at email@example.com