Oceans Research Institute are currently taking applications for their Marine Field Research Program.
Oceans Research provides and facilitates innovative and dynamic marine research relevant to the management and conservation of South Africa’s wildlife.
The Marine Field Research Program includes:
- Population assessments & trends of white sharks, humpback & bottlenose dolphins, southern right & humpback whales and Cape fur seals
- Habitat use of white sharks and marine mammals
- Population structure, trophic and movement ecology of endemic benthic catsharks
- Predator-prey behavioural strategies of white sharks and Cape fur seals
- Shark stress physiology and behavioural studies
- Intertidal community assessment
- Ecological monitoring of rivers
- Marine Mammal Stranding Response workshop
- Science Communication Course
- Get a PADI OWD, AWOD or RD certification included
*Some projects are seasonal
To find out more about this program please visit the Ocean Research Institute Company's website
Or apply online: https://www.oceans-research.com/application-form/