Marine conservation volunteer
Fancy living on a boat while doing marine biology research? Come and join us for anything between 1 week and 4 months stopping off at various islands (see the full list on our website) and conducting much needed research to improve the health of our oceans.
Under the direction of professional mentors and marine biologists, volunteers will engage in a wide variety of activities and gain experience in:
- Identification of Mediterranean fish species and marine mammals.
- Application of field research methods to assess seagrass cover, abundance, and meadow health.
- Seagrass planting projects.
- Monitoring invasive species such as lionfish.
- Ocean debris removal.
- Participation in land based marine conservation workshops.
- Assistance and flexibility to work around your own research project if needed for your University course.
How to Apply
Simply drop us an email and let us know the dates you are interested in and your experience level.
Eligibility & Terms You must be over 18 years old, be able to swim as snorkelling work is involved and have a passion for our oceans.
The volunteer fee is 350euros per week and this includes your sharing accommodation, food, drinks, diving, snorkels, diving equipment when needed, marina fees and training.