The Manta Caribbean Project are a non profit organization that aims to protect manta rays and mobulas in the Mexican Caribbean. They are a branch of the UK non profit, Manta Trust. The Manta Caribbean Project is dedicated to taking a multidisciplinary approach to the conservation of manta and devil rays, and their habitat in the Caribbean Sea through robust science and research, while raising awareness and providing education to the community and stakeholders.
- Follow your instructor's indications at any time and procedures related to the task assigned to your person.
- Perform data analysis and assist with grants applications.
- Create outreach materials for schools, and communities about marine megafauna and wider marine conservation.
- Maintain equipment and contribute to keeping accommodation facilities clean and in order.
- Conduct fisheries surveys.
- Conduct interviews with local community stakeholders connected with mobulid rays, marine debris and others.
- Minimum 21 years old.
- Commitment of a minimum of 1 month to the program.
- Excellent swimming and snorkeling skills.
- Willing to work sporadic and occasionally long hours on a boat (it is very sunny and hot during those months).
- Strong passion for marine ecosystems/ manta rays/ conservation/education.
- English with an intermediate level minimum.
- We are in a Spanish speaking country. Applicants with some level of Spanish language knowledge will be given special consideration.
- Creative and innovative person.
- Computer skills (excel. PowerPoint, word, photoshop, graphs).
- Comfortable working long hours at a desk.
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality.
- Comfortable to share work, and housing with other people.
- Can relate with people of different backgrounds.
- Diving insurance.
FEE PER MONTH $1,500 USD
- Send your cv and a covering letter outlining your goals and motivations (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please title your email with the following reference: “NAME-Volunteer App Caribbean 2021”.
- We will have a Skype call with you for an interview