Could you use your enthusiasm for wildlife to help engage with businesses to get involved in protecting our oceans and its wildlife? If so, then this role could be for you.
MARINElife is a UK-based charity established to coordinate and develop a growing portfolio of global cetacean and seabird research and monitoring projects. Through these projects and collaborations with like-minded organisations, we aim to further the conservation of the wildlife of oceans and coasts through scientific investigation and educational activities.
We are now in a position where we want to expand our activities to assist in advancing the frontiers of scientific research and the conservation of our seas: the last great wilderness in Europe. In order to achieve this, we are creating a team of Fundraising Volunteers who will develop, manage and coordinate funding opportunities for MARINElife so that we can continue to get our enthusiastic volunteer Wildlife Surveyors out on ferries and boats to collect information on the distribution of both cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises) and seabirds. This will allow us to work with policy makers in making important and informed decisions about marine conservation and help to raise awareness about how important it is to appreciate our seas.
MARINElife is now looking for a volunteer who can get businesses of all sizes together to raise funds that support environmental conservation, education and community projects.
Your role would be to:
- Working in liaison with the Trustees and Fundraising Officer to develop proposal ideas to businesses of all sizes, in particular those that have a connection to the sea e.g. wildlife watching tour operators.
- Conduct research into businesses that may support the work of MARINElife.
- Prepare information about businesses that could support the work of MARINElife, including key contacts whether they have supported environmental charities or have a connection to nature.
- Coordinate the writing of content for MARINElife’s Corporate Partnerships proposal document, liaising with the Fundraising Officer and Trustees.
- Compose proposals to businesses, ensuring that it is presented in a compelling way that it allows companies of all sizes to support our work.
- Work with the Fundraising Officer to provide feedback to businesses about how their donations have been spent to support the work of MARINElife.
You will be part of a team that is made up of our Fundraising Officer as well as volunteers who are involved in Community Engagement and Trusts & Foundations on behalf of MARINElife.
This is a flexible role which can be shaped around the interests and skills of the volunteer. So, if it sounds interesting but you’re not sure if you would be able to do all the elements, please do get in touch and have a chat. You may still be able to make a vital contribution to the work of MARINElife.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Keen interest in the marine environment
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude
- Good organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Access to own computer.
If you would like to find out more about this role, and express your interest in joining our Fundraising team, please do get in touch with Simon McPherson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Fundraising Officer for MARINElife.