Environmental Marketing Internship
When: Summer 2020
Interns must be able to attend one of two scheduled weeks of orientation, dates TBA. Session 1 of the internship will take place from May to 31 July and Session 2 from 01 July to September of 2020.
Where: Waterville, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Sea Synergy is a Marine Awareness and Activity Centre set up by marine biologist Lucy Hunt in her hometown, the beautiful coastal village of Waterville, located on the picturesque Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way driving routes in SW Ireland.
The centre opened its doors in the summer of 2014 and since then has won a national Marine Tourism Award and has been shortlisted for a Maritime Industry award and an Ocean Heroes Award, as well as receiving an Irish Responsible Tourism Award in 2016. We work closely with the local community and the Irish Government to educate the public about the importance of Ireland’s marine wildlife.
As a marketing intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design social media campaigns and play a key role in advertising and design
- Manage social media pages for the centre and be involved in outreach to local media sources
- Design and distribution of ocean conservation marketing campaigns
- Promote events and assist in event management
- Background in marketing & social media management
- Be enthusiastic and possess a caring, patient & positive attitude, with a strong desire to learn
- Strong commitment to volunteer work
- Must be able use to use own initiative and have desire for independent actions/thoughts and work without continuous supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Confidence to interact with the public, especially children
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good organizational and workload management skills
- Good IT skills
- Previous experience with platforms such as MailChimp, Hootsuite, Canva, etc.
- Keen interest in marine conservation, meaningful marketing, and environmental awareness
- First Aid skills
- Have own transport
- Live in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland for the summer
- See some of Ireland’s amazing marine life on watches and surveys
- Snorkel, scuba dive, SUP, kayak, and observe Ireland’s coastal waters
- Work with like-minded and enthusiastic team
- Visit UNESCO world heritage site Skellig Michael
- Be part of wildlife tour boats and Skellig trips
- Develop your skills in meaningful marketing & social media management
If this opportunity interests you, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Marketing Internship 2020" and let us know which session(s) you would like to apply for.
Applications submitted without a Cover Letter will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications is Feb 15 2020, and interviews will be held in March.