PADI Dive Instructor
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: 6 months
Hub: Caqalai, Fiji
Category: Marine Conservation
Job Type: Field Operations
GVI Fiji is currently seeking an enthusiastic, hard working and safety orientated PADI Dive Instructor to join our team. Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilizes local and international volunteers to design and implement community support initiatives throughout Fiji. GVI Fiji has been involved with natural resource conservation activities in the Lomaiviti Province since October 2014.
- Candidates must be willing and able to relocate to GVI’s remote and basic base of operations in the Lomaiviti Group
- The Successful candidate will be based full time on GVI’s base of operations.
- Regular rotations/transport to Suva provided.
Duration: 6 months pending 1-month probation period with good opportunity for extension
- Dive Training – working with the Instructor team to train international volunteers and local community members in variety of courses from Open Water up to Dive-master (on average 10-20 certs per month)
- Provision of Emergency First Responder training to various personnel
- Ensuring strict monitoring and scheduling of scuba equipment maintenance
- Assisting with the logistics and upkeep required to run a remote dive operation
- Basic Maintenance of dive equipment and boat maintenance as required
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety through on-going proactive review of safety standards and training
- Assisting in the day to day management of a large group of international volunteers
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor with active status
- Professional Dive Instructor Insurance
- Experience working with people from a range of backgrounds
- EFR Instructor status
- Passion for marine conservation
- Dedication and proven experience managing safe diving standards
- Fluency in English
- Dive equipment maintenance qualification (Ideally, Scubapro & Aqualung)
- Working knowledge of compressor and outboard engine maintenance
- Basic IT skills
- Own dive equipment
The project is based on the idyllic Caqalai Island pronounced ‘than-ga-lai’ in the Lomaiviti Island group. Caqalai is a tiny island (you can walk around it in 15 minutes) defined by white sand beaches and a lush interior. The island is on the edge of an expansive reef system and nearby to 10 small villages located on the neighbouring Moturiki Island. The perfect location to experience true Fijian life, in an amazing region defined by dense jungle, volcanic mountainsides and the tribal culture of Tailevu Province.
- All food, relevant in-country transport, and accommodation provided
- Medical Insurance
- Good opportunities of promotion within our international organisation
- 4 weeks paid holiday per annum pro rata
- Various opportunities for professional development, certifications and training
- In-country assistance and costs for visa application
- GVI Fiji does not cover flights to/from Fiji
For more information or to apply for this position please follow this link!