Job Summary: Based in Koh Rong, the Community Coordinator is responsible for the running of all community development projects of the Song Saa Foundation (henceforth SSF). This includes collaborating with the Program Manager and other SSF staff to support SSF’s annual workplan and budget, to implement this work plan in accordance to budgetary requirements, to identify and support fund raising efforts, and promote the work of the Foundation within and outside the Song Saa Collective. It will be a challenging but rewarding role, covering the gambits of education, livelihood support, marine conservation, solid waste management and healthcare – whilst involving local and regional partners.
Responsible for: Coordination of the Song Saa Foundation’s community engagement projects, education activities and associated local partnerships.
Start date: As Soon As Possible (we are requesting a minimum 12-month contract)
Annual leave public holidays: 18 days annual leave plus all Cambodian public holidays (c 28 days per year). This position operates on a 45-hour per week basis, over six working days.
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Kampong Som
- Coordination of operational community-focused projects and thier associated budgets, including community outreach activities (Boat Hope, youth group, waste management, livelihood support, education etc.)
- Line manager to the SSF Community Engagement Officer
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and the on-island team to secure funding for the Foundation, including through the Discovery Centre Song Saa Private Island (henceforth SSPI), other guest donation the operating year
- Coordinate the Foundation’s “Pack a Purpose” scheme
- Fulfill all donor requirements as specified the Program Manager
- Enhance upon projects by supporting and facilitating SSF’s local community partnerships
- Develop future community engagement projects in support of the Program Manager
- Collaborate with the on-island team and Program Manager to meet all on-island reporting requirements
Specific responsibilities :
- Donor retention for SSPI-based guests, including but not limited to; SSPI guest interactions and follow up ‘Thank You’ emails
- Oversight of the SSF Discovery Centre and coordination of SSF activities with SSPI guests
(e.g. community tours, mangrove kayaking snorkel safaris)
- Coordination of the SSF ‘marine plastics project’, in partnership with the World Economic
- Forum’s Global Shapers Community
- Coordinate International Medical Relief to facilitate annual medical mission
- Daily attendance at the SSPI Head Department briefings, to represent the wider SSF
- team projects
- Coordination of the relationship between SSF and the local villages in the archipelago, specifically Prek Svay village
- Maintain official records, documents and invoices to ensure compliance with project partner agreements, funding body protocols, and SSF reporting procedures
- Support the SSF 2018 & 2019 workplans
Extra duties :
From time to time the Community Coordinator may be asked to undertake duties that are not included in this job description. They should agree to undertake these duties as long as the request is reasonable and will not affect thier health, safety security.
- Bachelors degree - preferably conservation, education or environmental focused(essential)
- Conservation or community development project management - preferably in a developing country (essential)
- At least 1 years’ experience working in hospitality (highly desired)
- PADI Advanced Open Water certified (highly desired)
- Fundraising and donor engagement experience (highly desired)
- At least 1 years’ expedition experience living in a remote region (desired)
- Basic financial management experience (desired)
- A passion for the marine world and a commitment to nurturing the development of much needing communities (essential)
- All visa and work permits covered
- Health Insurance Coverage under the current ‘Brocon Health Plan’ (effective upon commencement of employment.) with medical evacuation and inpatient treatment.
- Accommodation in Song Saa’s staff village (private room with shared bathroom – subject to availability)
- Access to the Song Saa staff boat, use of non-motorized sports equipment and discounted Spa treatments – subject availability
- Three meals per day in the staff canteen
- Free Wi-Fi around the resort and ‘staff village’
- Free laundry in the staff village – uniforms and personal
- Access to the Song Saa doctor when based on the islands
- A monthly sum of USD $10 will be provided for work related calls. A telephone is not provided
Please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) to our Program Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org . Your covering letter should clearly detail why you fit the responsibilities and candidate requirements for the role. Generic covering letters will not be reviewed and only successful candidates will be contacted. Good luck!