Volunteer Position offered to a marine biology enthusiast with a passenger boat trip company to assist with wildlife guiding activities.
SeaMôr Wildlife and Dolphin Watching Boat Trips are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Wildlife watching team for the coming season. The position entails working on the boat as crew and a wildlife guide and also assisting with sales and marketing of the trips. The sales and marketing element of the role will be paid, and there is also the opportunity of working in the gift shop that we also run, this will also be a paid role. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn some great skills such as boat handling, general seamanship, enhancing your public speaking skills, and hopefully help inspire the next generation of marine biologists.
The trips run from the beautiful towns of New Quay and Aberaeron in Cardigan Bay, which is home to the largest population of bottlenose dolphins in the UK. Harbour porpoises, grey seals and a variety of sea birds are also among the many animals that can be viewed on the trips.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN:
- Public speaking and guiding experience
- Crewing on a commercial passenger boat
- Boat handling and general seamanship
- We will fund the successful applicant to attend a Cetacean Survey Training Course which will enable them to collect research data for Seawatch Foundation whilst on our trips.
- Fluent spoken English
- Interest in marine wildlife and boating
- Flexibility and the ability to work outdoors
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Experience of working in a small team
- Marine biology (or similar) qualification
- RYA powerboat license
This is an unpaid post, however, there is paid work available, and all food is covered and free accommodation is provided.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, email us and let us know your availability, along with your CV to Brett Stones, email@example.com