ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER IN LAAMU ATOLL
The MMRP is currently looking to fill the Assistant Project Manager role in Laamu Atoll, Maldives.
Please note: we are only able to accept MALDIVIAN CANDIDATES for this recruitment.
Essential qualifications & skills:
- Minimum BSc (hons) in marine biology/conservation or similar and can provide graduation certificate upon application;
- Minimum of PADI Dive Master (active status) or equivalent and can provide certification card upon application (please give details of diving experience/number of dives/date of last dives);
- Excellent swimming skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages desirable);
- Knowledge of MS Office Package (Excel, Word, Power-Point, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to represent the Manta Trust to members of the public, external organisations and colleagues;
- Experience of data collection, data analysis and report writing;
- Demonstrate organisational and administrative skills with the ability to plan and deliver to deadlines;
- Self-motivated individual with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a flexible approach to a diverse workload;
- Minimum availability from September 2019 to September 2020.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead manta excursions (snorkel and dive trips to manta feeding and cleaning sites)
- Carry out daily research dives and site surveys
- Collect data on all manta sightings (ID photos, gender, injuries, pregnancies, behaviour, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the regional manta sightings database and branchial ID gallery
- Writing scientific reports on research findings
- Conduct weekly manta presentations for guests
- Promote manta excursions and the Manta Trust research to guests
- Promote safe and responsible tourism interactions with manta rays
- Communicate effectively between resort management, on-site dive centre, and Manta Trust colleagues and management
- Active participation in education and awareness events
- Produce material for Manta Trust social media
- Other resort specific roles.
- Personal Laptop with photo editing software (e.g. Lightroom)
- Camera equipment (incl. underwater housing and SD cards)(*Gopro not recommended)
- Personal Dive Gear
This is a self-employed (consultancy) role. Consultants will be entitled to a monthly consultancy fee with food and accommodation provided, plus internal work-related travel expenses. Additional details available on request.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Laamu@mantatrust.org if you would like to apply.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be conducted with short-listed candidates before the application deadline.
Applications close August 20th 2019