UNIVERSITY OF MILANO-BICOCCA
THE MALDIVES NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
MSc. Degree in Marine Sciences is a 2-year joint degree program offered by
the University of Milano-Bicocca in partnership with the Maldives National
University. The Faculty is composed of experts from the University of Milano
-Bicocca, the Maldives National University, as well as other non-Italian universities and research organizations. The teaching is based on a multi-disciplinary approach integrating cutting-edge knowledge and research in this rapidly developing field, with the aim to address present and future environmental challenges. The Master’s program provides competences on:
- Natural resources: management of protected areas and tourism manage-ment;
- Dissemination of scientific knowledge;
- Coastal protection: regional spatial planning, advisory services on coastal erosion, and prevention of bio-diversity loss due to anthropogenic pressures;
- Fisheries and aquaculture: provision of expert consultancy services on fishing activities and fish far-ming;
- Maritime spatial planning: advisory services on natural, social, legal
and regional planning issues.
Students are encouraged to experience national and international intern-
ships and will have the opportunity to work in the field and in top-rank scientific labs, including the MaRHE Center in Maldives.
Career opportunities for Master’s Degree graduates include positions in the
public or private sectors as marine environment analysis and management ex-perts, marine biologists and ecologists, marine and coastal resources experts,
marine and coastal environmental policy experts, and human relations experts
in maritime activities.
The program also provides a solid background to pursue doctoral studies and a
career in the academic sector.
Master Marine Sciences | New Registration
Officially open registration for the new Academic Year!
Don't miss the chance, apply and join us!
All procedure will be done online, not necessary to visit Bicocca University in Milan
For the first year, you will have the change to participate at the lectures in conference call,
Any lecture will be available in our platform (https://elearning.unimib.it/)
To learn more: