During the peak season at Song Saa Private Island (SSPI) the Song Saa Foundation (SSF) is seeking an enthusiastic guest liaison to support fundraising efforts and guest engagement through the delivery of tours and other daily activities. It will be a fun and rewarding role for someone with strong interpersonal skills, confidence and a friendly attitude. If you have a passion for conservation and experience in hospitality, we’d like to hear from you!
This is a minimum 4-month position, with the possibility of extension. It is based full-time on Song Saa Private Island, Koh Rong.
1. Daily coordination and delivery of tours with SSPI guests
2. Fundraising through SSPI guest donations
3. Attendance at morning SSPI briefings to represent SSF
4. Staffing of the SSF Discovery Centre on SSPI
5. General engagement with SSPI guests throughout the day
Delivery of all Song Saa Foundation guest tours – We have three tours that are offered to SSPI guests (below). The Guest Liaison is responsible for coordinating and delivering these ours to our guests on a daily basis:
1. Sala Song Saa – a tour of our local village
2. Snorkel Safari – a tour of our in-house marine reserve
3. Koh Bong – a tour of in-house rainforest reserve
Fundraising through SSPI guest donations – The SSF’s main fundraising period runs from December – April. The Guest Liaison is responsible for raising money through SSPI guest donations whilst they are on SSPI.
Attendance at SSPI morning briefings – Each morning there is a 30-45 minute meeting on SSPI to discuss the day’s operations. The Guest Liaison will attend these meetings on behalf of SSF to inform the wider team about our daily activity plans.
Staffing of the SSF Discovery Centre – The Discovery Centre is the SSF office located on SSPI. It is the responsibility of the Guest Liaison to be located in the office each day to engage with resort guests.
General engagement with SSPI guests – The Guest Liaison needs to be proactive and confident. One of the main roles is to reach out and engage with SSPI guests on a daily basis to say “hello” and develop a friendly relationship with each guest.
From time to time the SSF Guest Liaison may be asked to undertake duties that are not included in this job description. They should agree to undertake these duties as long as the request is reasonable and will not affect their health, safety or security.
· This position is open to both Khmer and international applicants with strong interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English (qualification evidence for Khmer applicants would be ideal)
· At least 1 years’ experience working in hospitality, ideally in the hotel or tour guide industries
· A willingness to learn new information and a dedication to exemplary customer service, with confidence and a friendly attitude
· A passion for conservation and Cambodian community development
· The ability to swim confidently is highly desired
Salary & benefits:
· Monthly salary – $350 inclusive of taxes
· All visa and work permits covered (for international applicants)
· Health Insurance Coverage under the current ‘Brocon Health Plan’ (effective upon commencement of employment) with medical evacuation and inpatient treatment
· Accommodation in Song Saa’s staff village
· Access to the Song Saa staff boat, use of non-motorized sports equipment and discounted Spa treatments – subject to availability
· Three meals per day in the staff canteen
· Free Wi-Fi around the resort and ‘staff village’
· Free laundry in the staff village – uniforms and personal
· Free access to the Song Saa doctor when based on the islands
· All work related travel and accommodation costs are covered
· A monthly sum of USD $10 will be provided for work related calls. A telephone is not provided.
Please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to our Program Manager on email@example.com.
Your covering letter should clearly detail why you fit the responsibilities and candidate requirements for the role. Generic covering letters will not be reviewed. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Good luck!