GVI are looking for candidates for their National Scholarship. All candidates must be Seychelles Citizens
Job Type: Internship & Volunteer
Start Date: Once a month, ongoing
Benefits: Free accommodation and food 5 days a week, weekends off; Free PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water Qualifications, Coral Reef Research Diver Qualification, all paid for by GVI Trust.
GVI is a volunteer organisation working all around the world. Our project on Mahé focusses on marine conservation and you will learn about coral reef ecology, marine biology, species identification and local issues threatening our reefs. If you are a non-diver, we will pay for your Open Water qualification at a local dive centre in Beau Vallon, after which you will join us here on base where we conduct your AOW training and then train you in one of our 3 survey areas, depending on how long you are available for.
On land, you will learn more about marine ecosystems and flora & fauna and will have the chance to participate in our community project teaching local students about marine conservation. You will explore more than 24 different dive sites and have the chance to see some amazing life underwater: we see turtles, rays, sharks and large schools of fish almost daily.
- You must be available 5 days a week, Sunday to Thursday (Fri & Sat Off).
- Length of program flexible, 4-12 weeks.
- You will be expected to help around base, duties such as cooking and compressing tanks are shared amongst all volunteers.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Seychelles Citizen only!
Send us a short email containing information about yourself and why you are interested in marine conservation and joining GVI.
- ALL Scuba training paid for!
- Up to 2 daily dives (weather permitting), 5 days a week
- Species identification of either Coral, Fish or Invertebrate species (or multiple if you are committed!)
- Conducting underwater surveys around the Northwest coast of Mahé
- Get a taste of what its like to work in Marine Conservation and get invaluable job experience