Are you passionate about improving the sustainability of fisheries? Are you highly organised, systematic and efficient in managing and implementing multiple workstreams? Are you a good communicator with the ability to deliver technical training to diverse audiences?
We’re looking for an Accessibility Manager, who can join the MSC’s Global Accessibility team to support and deliver Capacity Building Training to diverse stakeholders, particularly in the Pre-MSC improvement space. You’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving training materials in multiple formats, and managing and delivering training workshops. As a team player you will support the MCS’s objective of building technical assessment capability in the Global South and the development of projects and tools to enable small-scale and data deficient fisheries to enter the MSC program.
Who are you?
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent in fisheries, marine science or related field, and proven experience in project management or coordination.
- Knowledge and experience in providing scientific advice in a developing world context and experience in the practical delivery of technical training or capacity building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fisheries and resource sustainability issues, especially in the Global South.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English – additional relevant languages (Spanish or French) would be advantageous.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly and for extended periods.
Who are we?
The MSC's vision is for the world's oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our internationally-recognised certification and ecolabeling programme well-managed sustainable fisheries are recognised and rewarded in the market place, through the leadership of our partners. Critically, other fisheries are incentivised to improve their performance to meet the growing demand for certified sustainable and traceable seafood choice. Over 400 fisheries around the world, representing 14% of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme and over 1200 improvements to the way our oceans are fished have been recorded. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
Please email the following information to email@example.com
A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations and right to work in the UK; and A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles "[your name] cover letter" and "[your name] CV". The subject of your email should read: Accessibility Manager
31 July 2019 at 23:59GMT
For more information and to download the full job description, follow this link