Dive in… for more information
What can WiseOceans offer you and your school, club, society or staff?
WiseOceans provides marine awareness and education in informal, informative and fun ways for all ages, all round the world. WiseOceans uses marine education as a tool to build awareness of the marine environment, its plight and the concept of conservation. When we know what wonderful life we have in our oceans we are much more likely to wont to preserve it. By instilling this at a young age we really start to develop budding young marine biologists.
Our marine awareness presentations are very visual using PowerPoint presentations combined with movies, stories, songs, quizzes, projects and activities all tailored to your needs. We combine a visual presentation with easy to understand verbal information geared to different ages and abilities.
Whether your session is face-to-face and in the classroom or via the means of the internet your class will be enthralled by the underwater world. To book or to contact us for more information, please fill in the booking form at the bottom of this page, thanks!
Dive in… at School
- School assemblies; whole school or smaller groups, divided by ages. These are set marine awareness talks of 30-45 minutes in length with time for questions.
- Classroom based talks tailored to the school’s curriculum: food chains, ecosystems, endangered animals, conservation issues etc. These are talks for individual classes relating to subjects the children are currently learning about. They use marine ecosystems and creatures as examples to explain the subject being taught. They are designed to the requirements of the class and are in the form of presentations, group discussions and related activities.
- Marine related activities and songs with actions or story time for the younger ages. Shorter more varied and active sessions for the under 7’s, but still packed full of valuable information.
- Presentations and workshops for teachers and club leaders to provide them with the tools and knowledge to pass onto their students. It is essential that teachers have background knowledge of our oceans and understand their importance, therefore continuing a vital conservation ethic in their teaching.
All sessions include information on different ecosystems and their inhabitants, how they all link perfectly together and are vital to life. We draw attention to how vulnerable and fragile our marine environment is and our the role we all play in its preservation.
Dive in… via Skype
Location is not an issue! We run 3 lessons via internet calling:
Coral, sharks, turtles, whales – lets dive in and explore! (6 years and older) Students will be given an overview of some of our most iconic and loved marine creatures. But wait are coral creatures? Well we’ll find out in this class!
Let’s see who lives in the sea! (3-5 year olds) A visual look at the variety of creatures who lives in our oceans. As we flick through a selection of photos highlighting some of the incredible diversity we have in our oceans the children will start to build a fascination for them.
- It’s time to rethink the shark! (12 years and older) Sharks! Whether we love them or fear them we all have a fascination with them. One of the most fascinating things is there is just so much to learn about sharks? From the fact they have been in our oceans since before the dinosaurs to their super senses and so much more…fascinating! You’ll certainly come away loving them and still being fascinated by them…it’s a sharktastic class!
When you sign up to one of these lessons you will be sent a link to download a filmed class which you and your class will then watch before having a ‘live’ Q&A session with one of our WiseOceans Marine Biologists.
Other sessions you might be interested in….
- Public Talks; set talks of about an hour in length with time for questions on various marine topics and issues; for example coral, sharks, whales, turtles & who’s who on the coral reef.
- Presentations and Workshops for Resort Staff and Dive Masters similar to the above but with greater focus on underwater etiquette and information to pass onto guests and clients who are enjoying the marine environment.
Dive in… at School
If we are in your area the prices are as follows:
1 hour – £50 Half a day – £100 Full day – £175
The half and full day sessions are based on the school day unless otherwise arranged. They can include as many individual classes as the school timetable will allow. These prices are based on our standard presentations of 40-60 minutes plus time for questions. If your school would like specific topics included and the presentations need to be adapted to these requirements then there will be a surcharge of £20. If we are not in your local area there will be expenses added to the cost.
Dive in… via Skype
It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you can still have a WiseOceans session.
Each session is £25
We run three different lessons via Skype all of which have two elements; a filmed class to watch and a live Q&A sessions with a WiseOceans Marine Biologist. The filmed class is approximately 30-40minutes long and the Q&A session on Skype tends to be about 20-30minutes depending on the quantity of questions being fired at the Marine Biologist!
To book or for more information please fill in the form below, thanks!