Dive in… for more information
What can WiseOceans offer you and your school, club, society or staff?
WiseOceans provides marine awareness and education in informal, informative and fun ways for all ages, all around the world. WiseOceans uses marine education as a tool to build awareness of the marine environment, its plight and the concept of conservation. When we know what wonderful life we have in our oceans we are much more likely to want to preserve it. By instilling this at a young age we really start to develop budding young marine biologists.
Our marine awareness presentations are very visual using media-rich presentations combined with movies, stories, songs, quizzes, projects and activities all tailored to your needs. We combine a visual presentation with easy to understand verbal information geared to different ages and abilities.
Whether your session is face-to-face and in the classroom or via the internet your class will be enthralled by the underwater world. To book or to contact us for more information, please fill in the booking form at the bottom of this page, thanks!
Dive in… at School
- School assemblies; whole school or smaller groups, divided by ages. These are set marine awareness talks of 30-45 minutes in length with time for questions.
- Classroom-based talks tailored to the school’s curriculum: food chains, ecosystems, endangered animals, conservation issues, plastic pollution etc. These are talks for individual classes relating to subjects the children are currently learning about. They are designed to the requirements of the class and are in the form of presentations, group discussions and related activities.
- Marine-related activities and songs with actions or story time for the younger ages. Shorter more varied and active sessions for the under 7’s, but still packed full of valuable information.
- Presentations and workshops for teachers and club leaders to provide them with the tools and knowledge to pass onto their students. It is essential that teachers have background knowledge of our oceans and understand their importance, therefore continuing a vital conservation ethic in their teaching.
- All sessions include information on different ecosystems and their inhabitants, how they all link perfectly together and are vital to life. We draw attention to how vulnerable and fragile our marine environment is and our the role we all play in its preservation.
Dive in… via Skype
With our Skype sessions, it doesn’t matter where you live, we can provide lessons for all ages across a range of marine topics.
Coral Reefs: Let’s Dive in and Explore is our introductory lesson and provides an overview of coral reefs, exploring what coral reefs are and the wonderful, diverse creatures that live on them such as coral, reef fish, sea turtles, invertebrates, whales & dolphins and of course everybody’s favourite…sharks. We also talk about the threats facing our oceans and what we can all do to help. This lesson is available to suit all ages from 3 to 103 as well as any group with special needs.
Want to dive in deeper? We can provide lessons specializing in the oceans’ iconic creatures like sharks, turtles, whales and dolphins as well as in-depth look at the world of corals (including a look at our Reef Restoration Project). These lessons are also suitable for all ages and abilities.
All our lessons feature media rich content alongside lots of interaction with our Marine Educator
Book your lesson. All you need is an internet connection, a webcam and a class full of curious children.
Other sessions you might be interested in….
- Public Talks; set talks of about an hour in length with time for questions on various marine topics and issues; for example coral, sharks, whales, turtles & who’s who on the coral reef.
- Presentations and Workshops for Resort Staff and Dive Masters similar to the above but with a greater focus on underwater etiquette and information to pass onto guests and clients who are enjoying the marine environment.
Dive in… at School
If we are in your area the prices are as follows:
1 hour – £60 Half a day – £150 Full day – £250
The half and full day sessions are based on the school day unless otherwise arranged. They can include as many individual classes as the school timetable will allow. These prices are based on our standard presentations of 30-45 minutes plus time for questions. Specific topics can be included, please contact us for more details. If we are not in your local area there will be expenses added to the cost.
Dive in… via Skype
It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you can still have a WiseOceans session.
Each session is £30
Our Skype sessions bring a marine educator right into your classroom. Learn about coral reefs, the incredible creatures that live in them and the threats that they face. Discover simple ways we can all make a difference and help protect these important and fragile ecosystems.
To book or for more information please fill in the form below, thanks!